Pico de Gallo, otherwise know as salsa fresca, is a wonderful condiment full of bright and vibrant ingredients. It is not cooked, unlike its sibling, salsa. And so it retains a wonderful fresh taste – hence the name ‘fresh sauce’.
Pico de Gallo is easily prepared and takes just about 5 minutes! It’s perfect on chips, tacos, mixed into guacamole, on top of fresh fish, or on an omelet. The possibilities are seemingly endless!
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 – 2 jalapeños (seeded and membrane removed), diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.