Mother’s Day may very well be the mother of all brunch holidays (pun intended). Typically brunch cocktails are Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. But if you’re celebrating your mother, a mother, or you yourself are a mother – typical just won’t do for this special day.
The beauty of the Rainbow Spritzer:
- The colors are gorgeous!
- It’s totally customizable to your tastes. Ideas for fruits are: red and/or green grapes, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwis, oranges and pineapple.
- You can keep refilling your glass with wine and sparkling water, just leave the fruit to help flavor your next pour.
- If you prefer, use Champagne instead of a white wine spritzer.
- To make it kid-friendly, simply omit the wine.
- Once you’re done with your drink, you can eat all of that wonderful macerated fruit! So it’s really a fruit cocktail, cocktail.
- oranges, [url href=”http://www.thekitchn.com/basic-techniques-how-to-segmen-95740″ target=”_blank”]segmented[/url]
- strawberries, quartered
- kiwis, large dice
- white wine
- sparkling water
- *don’t forget straws
- Layer the fruit in a clear glass. Pour your desired ratio of wine to sparkling water into the glass. Serve with a straw (cut to size, if needed) and a spoon on the side.