Quick and easy sauteed kale and garlic, ready in just about 10 minutes!
Kale is a wonderful leafy green. Nutrient rich – it’s high in fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin A, C, and K… just to name a few. It also contains powerful antioxidants and an entire slew of other goodies for your body. And… it’s super quick and easy to make. In essence, it makes for a perfect healthy side dish!
- 1 large bunch of kale (or two smaller bunches), ribs and steams removed, torn into big pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kale and increase the heat to medium-high. Saute for 3 -5 minutes (I prefer mine to be a little on the firmer side), stirring and turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.