I am very excited to announce that SideChef has officially launched! It is available to download FREE on the iPad appstore (iPhone and android coming soon)! The ingenious people over at SideChef, a start-up group whose vision is that cooking can be for everyone, and supported by Kickstarter backers, have created an app that makes cooking easier and more fun. They have added beautiful step-by-step photographic instructions, automatic timers, and easy to follow voice guided directions. It really is like having a Sous Chef by your side!
I truly believe this app will help everyone be better in the kitchen and I am extremely honored to be a part of SideChef’s exclusive launch community of recipe creators.
For one month only enter special promo code: HAPANOM250 which will entitle you to 250 SideChef tokens so you can create and share your own recipes!
CHECK OUT THE FULL SIDECHEF RELEASE:
SIDECHEF INTRODUCES NEW PERSONALIZED STEP-BY-STEP COOKING APP
AND GLOBAL COMMUNITY
Successful Kickstarter Project for Chefs of All Levels Now Available for iPad
Santa Monica, Calif. (March 6, 2014) – Technology and apps have transformed our lives from the way we play games and share photos to the way we prepare meals in the kitchen. SideChef (www.SideChef.com), a company focused on inspiring cooks of all levels, today introduced chefs worldwide to a simple, step-by-step cooking app and diverse global community. The free app teaches novice cooks how to whip up homemade doughnuts and craft perfect Korean tacos, while enabling accomplished chefs, from Michelin recipients to grandma and her famous pot roast, to cultivate their own global fan base.
“At SideChef we believe cooking can be fun for everyone,” said Kevin Yu, founder and CEO for SideChef. “Whether it is your first time cooking, you are looking to explore new recipes, or if you have desires to inspire others with your own culinary creations, SideChef provides the platform to cook and share with confidence.”
SideChef’s unique features include:
- Step-by-Step Recipes: Hundreds of recipes from well-known food bloggers and chefs with audio and visual instructions as well as voice-command technology, making it easy to navigate the steps without having to touch the screen.
- Cooking Timers & Notifications: Built-in automatic timers ensure nothing is ever left to burn or boil over – SideChef keeps track of what’s on the stove so you can relax.
- Recipe Building Tool: Sharing personal recipes is simple with the built-in upload tool, which also allows chefs to add their own step-by-step photography.
- Diverse Cuisine Options– Recipe search tool makes it easy and fun to discover new regional eats or cater to special diets including gluten-free, vegan, kosher and more.
- Easy Menu Planning for 2 or 10: Recipes dynamically change to increase or decrease ingredient amounts and cooking instructions based on the number of servings you wish to prepare, taking the guess work out of adjusting recipes for a crowd.
- Smart, Sharable Grocery Lists: Grocery list feature gives you the option to cross off items that you already have in the pantry and makes it easy to print or share via email.
- Robust International Community: Active community of home cooks, professional chefs and food lovers eager to explore new foods and try new things. Follow your favorite chefs, ask them questions, and grow your own fan base to reach “celebrity chef” status.
- Gain Recognition and Shoot for the Stars: Earn tokens while cooking to gain recognition and credibility among community members. Try advanced techniques and master new cuisines to collect badges, rewards and bragging rights.
SideChef navigates users through each cooking step with voice commands and beautiful, descriptive images that correspond with each step. Launching with over 350 carefully curated recipes from top food bloggers and chefs across the globe, SideChef is showcasing culinary talent in a new way by collaborating with industry leaders including the Alice Water’s Edible Schoolyard Project and Le Cordon Bleu, Atlanta, Ga.
“We want our students to be the best cooks, but we also want them to be at the frontier of technology in order to share their knowledge with the world, and build a global audience for their art,” said Le Cordon Bleu Atlanta Chef Instructor Todd Kazenske.
SideChef combines the best of cooking and social elements to create a unique gamified cooking experience designed to reward and encourage users to experiment with new cooking techniques and to master a variety of culinary skills. SideChef is the brainchild of video game industry veteran and former global manager for community development for World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment, Kevin Yu, who leveraged his extensive technology and gaming expertise to reimagine the cooking experience. The company is backed by a diverse team of tech, finance, and culinary geeks, all united by a passion for game-changing innovation and great cooking.
Download SideChef for iPad now for free in the app store, http://bit.ly/1hWtMNv.
SideChef was founded by Kevin Yu and is designed to bring excitement and innovation into the previously unexplored space of cooking. The company’s goal is to simplify and bring cooking up-to-speed with the latest technology trends, while inspiring its community to share recipes and grow global audiences for local recipes. For more information please visit www.SideChef.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinteres