I recently made slow cooker Pulled Pork Sliders, a favorite among my husband and I, it’s enough to feed a small army! So what’s a party of two, to do with all of the amazing leftovers?! Make Carnitas Tacos!
These Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos are super easy to make and incredibly delicious! Fall-off-the-bone, juicy shredded pork topped with tangy/spicy cilantro-lime sauce, and cotija cheese. Once you’ve made the pulled pork, this dish only takes 10 minutes to put together – talk about an marvelous weekday dinner!
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 Thai chilies
- 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- corn tortillas
- 2 pounds [url href=”http://hapanom.com/pulled-pork-sliders/” target=”_blank”]slow cooker pulled pork[/url]
- 8 ounces [url href=”http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/ingredients/detail/cotija-cheese” target=”_blank”]cotija cheese[/url]
- To make the cilantro-lime sauce, in a blender combine the sour cream, cilantro, Thai chilies, juice of 1 lime, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the tortillas to your desired texture. (Personally, I like them slightly crisped – but not so much that they break when you fold them).
- To plate, add the pulled pork to the tortillas and top with the cilantro-lime sauce, and cotija cheese. Quarter the other lime and serve a wedge with the tacos. Serve and Enjoy!